Friday, June 6, 2014

Movie Review: How To Train Your Dragon 2

Ok, so from my review on the first part (click here) you would know that I loved this movie dearly! Now in this sequel, 5 years later the village of Berk continues to live in harmony with Dragons! The peaceful living is disturb when Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) with Toothless stumble into a new lands with new dragons. The land is controlled by a Dragon Master, Drago (Djimon Hounsou), who ruthlessly treats dragons as his weapons of destruction!  Other than that Hiccup is surprised to meet the one he always thought was dead, his mother (Cate Blanchett, who I adore!!).

I will say no more about the story, because this is just a drop in the plot! But I will say this, I love love love this movie!!! I was so into it, super excited and caught into that amazing world of Vikings and Dragons that I didn’t even take notes for this review. This part still kept all what is good in the first one, still funny, adventurous, witty and plain cute! Then it added a whole bundle of great new elements to it!

I was blown away by the flying maneuvers and technics used. Being 5 years together Hiccup and Toothless needed to show how much they bounded and the animators did a marvelous job! They added new stuff and moves. I was breath taken! You can tell their attention to detail and research on flying and of course the money spent on it hahaha.

I even cried! “You have the heart of a Chief and the soul of a Dragon”

There’s no more to say, Go WATCH IT! And please do watch the first one too, if you haven’t yet. It’s better to get into the world from the start <3

Such an AMAZING and thrilling dragon ride!!

Btw, I just realized that the movies are based on books written by Cressida Cowell. To check them in Amazon, click here. For more info and to watch the trailer, click here.

Now if you excuse me, I need to pack and go to Berk!! Bye!
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @Kemzmovies

For book reviews, please follow me in Instagram: @Kemzbooks

No comments:

Post a Comment