Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Movie Review: Say Anything

The scene with John Cusack holding the boombox by his ex-girlfriend's window is the most referenced scene I heard about in so many movies and TV shows so I had to get the movie and watch it! It’s been 25 years since it was released and I’m 25 now so it’s a fun little anniversary screening hehehe.

The movie is simple. It's about a summer love story between Lloyd Dobler (Cusack) and Diane Court (Ione Skye) and the difficulty they faced with Diane’s dad and her future plans.

At the beginning I was a bit bored, but then the story got good and I really enjoyed it. You can tell why it’s a classic. It’s one of those movies that set the tone to the ones that follows. The summer love between two teens who come from different backgrounds and what they do to over come it. And to affect the culture of an industry with one simple scene shows you how sometimes the direct not over the top message is what people are looking for.

It’s such a nice movie to watch curled up on the couch, when you want to relax and watch something cute and uplifting. 

I loved John Cusack in it. I’m a huge fan of his acting. There’s something about him that is different and hooking.

So, I finally understood the boombox reference and I recommend if you don’t know what I mean to watch it as well ;)

For more info, click here.

As always, till the next one!
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @Kemzmovies 

No comments:

Post a Comment