Monday, June 9, 2014

Movie Review: Ghostbusters

“I ain't afraid of no ghost!”

I promised that the next movie I watch is going to be my review material for Kemz Movies, so here we go.

Ghostbusters is an amazing iconic oldie, directed by Ivan Reitman, starring the Academy and Emmy awards winner Bill Murray (who’s awesome), Dan Aykroyd who was nominated for an Academy award in 1990 for his role in Driving Miss Daisy, Harold Ramis who passed away earlier this year (may his soul rest in peace), and Ernie Hudson.

Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), Raymond Stantz (Dan Aykroyd) and Egon Spengler are parapsychologists, who are doing research on the supernaturals in Columbia University, and of course they lose their job! They move on next to start their own supernatural investigation service called the Ghostbusters. They use the most advanced, up to date high-tech equipment to measure ghost existence.

I had vague scattered memories of the movie, so I had to re-watch to know if it’s really good or is it just because I watched it when I was a kid. I loved the movie. It’s funny, interesting, there was never a dull moment, the cast is amazing. Acting style is a bit outdated, but hey, I love 80s movies and shows, so to me that was perfect. The special effects and “CGI” was very laughable because, come on, you can see the stop motion an green screen halo around those monsters and ghosts, but it didn’t bother me at all.

Ghostbusters fans are very familiar with the famous theme song “Ghostbusters” it’s a fun song that was written and performed by Ray Parker, Jr., where were got the two catchphrases "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters!" and "I ain't afraid of no ghost."

Overall Ghostbusters is a fun light watch if you like oldies, maybe it will bother you if you are too précises about the visuals, just because of the outdates special effect. I would definitely watch it again, and I’m super excited for Ghostbusters 3, which was announced to be shot in early 2015.

For more information about the movie, click here.


By:
Abby
Twitter: @abeeralkubaisi

Blog Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment