Saturday, June 21, 2014

Movie Review: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I wanted to see this movie since I saw it in the Coming Soon list in IMDB, so I rented it out of ITunes and thought to watch it today. I just finished it and the ending made me cry and gave me goose bumps. It’s just so beautiful, exciting, inspiring, funny and just amazing!! I love it. I’m gonna buy it, so I can watch it again!

It’s the story of Walter Mitty (Ben Stiller), a developer of negative photos in LIFE magazine. His life is boring and predictable, but his imagination is vivid and wild. He often zone out into his adventures dreams. This all changes when LIFE is turned into an online magazine and his job is threatened by a missing shot from a legendary freelance photographer, Sean O’Connell (Sean Penn) that was meant to be the cover of the last printed edition. Mitty tries to find Sean to save his job and that takes him to the most wonderful adventure of his life! He goes to Greenland, Iceland and The Himalaya! 

The scenery is just magnificent! I can’t express how beautiful the movie is! Ben Stiller actually directed this movie and I was like, wow! He’s good!! You can see how the theme is about photography and appreciating the beauty of life. Every short was art and a moment of life paused for us to appreciate and admire!

I’m one of those people who live 2/3 of my life in my head. It can be very exciting if you have a great imagination, but that doesn’t mean not living the real life. I loved how the movie showed that Mitty’s dreams actually pushed him to open up and do something about his life. I always thought that if you were brave enough to live your life, you’d find it more exciting than any dream we dream. We just need to be open a little bit.

The movie is like an enchantment; I dove into it and didn’t want to get out. It’s one of those movies that you can call, beautiful. I also just found this expression, “spine tingling” and it’s perfect to describe this movie!

The soundtrack is amazing. I’m listening to the songs over and over and I’m gonna download them after I’m done with this review ^-^

I highly recommend it! Especially to those who love photography, adventure and the secrets of one’s imaginations.  

A quote I LOVED, “Beautiful things don’t ask for attention”

The story is based on a short story by James Thurber. There’s also an old version of this movie done in 1947, but it has a different plot. For more info on the 2013 version, click here.

Till again!
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

I also have a book reviews Instagram: @KemzBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment