Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Movie Review: Edward Scissorhands

So, Halloween is this Friday and I thought why not review movies specially for it! I don’t watch scary movie, but there are still Halloween themed movies I can watch! I mean I love all dark, light and mythical creatures! So this is my time hahaha and I started with the dark comedy drama Edward Scissorhands.

Directed by my favorite genius, Tim Burton and brilliant actor, Johnny Depp, the movie is the story of Edward, a machine turned into a man who is left all alone and incomplete with scissor for hands when his inventor died before he could finish the job. He is left all alone living in a dark mansion until one day Peg (Dianne Wiest), a makeup saleswoman enter the mansion, see Edward, feel sorry for him and invite him to come live with her family. The neighborhood housewives are all intrigued by this new comer and Edward shows great talent and he becomes famous, but will his 15 minutes of fame last?

This is the first time I watch this movie and I’m happy I finally did! From the start with the main title song the movie took me by surprise and threw me right into the Halloween mood! It put me in a 90s spirit and its so charming. It made me feel sad yet hopeful. Loved it! You can listen to it here.

The movie did deliver on the comedy! The bored housewives are hilarious. I loved their scenes and the way they looked and talked and even how their houses are lined and organized. Tim really brought their stereotype to life.

The movie is from the 90s obviously and it’s clear that it didn’t have big budget for special effect, but that’s actually good! Because the weak and funny special effects, mainly on the dark mansion, added to the charm of the movie. It was like a fairytale.

The scene when Kim (Winona Ryder) who Edward love, dancing under the snow is so magical! It’s really is a sweet story that will make your heart melt for sure! And its not as dark as you’d think it is. The only “dark” aspect is how the mansion is rusty and burned out and the fact that Edward had scissor hands. The movie is worth the watch! It was nominated to an Oscar and a Golden Globe, so you know I’m right ;).

Ah, such an enchanting story! It’s the perfect movie to put me in the right mood! For more info on it and the trailer, please click here.  

Don’t forget to follow us on all kind of social media! And mention your favorite Halloween movie in the comments ;)

Till the next Halloween movie!

Kemz

No comments:

Post a Comment