Monday, October 20, 2014

Movie Review: Gone Girl

What to say about this movie other than its so freaking sick awesome!! Even though it was a bit long, but its one of those movies that you either love it or hate it. I LOVED it! It was so much more alive than the book (which I read, check KemzBooks Instagram for the review)

The movie is based on one of the biggest best sellers novels, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. It’s the story of Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) whose wife, Amy Elliot Dunne (Rosamund Pike) goes missing in their fifth anniversary day. As the cops investigate him and the media grill him, he becomes the main suspect for his wife’s disappearance.

The story is so much better in a movie! Even though the book was good and clear, but something was missing. I guess it’s seeing their eyes and face expressions made all the difference! The script was amazing! Smart, witty, sad, scary and funny ! It was still written by Gillian, which gave the movie the depth that the book had. The whole movie was just like the book! Exactly the same! I was wondering how they would film it, but they did an amazing job! Not a surprise here as the director is David Fincher who directed the amazing Fight Club, The Social Network and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Another thing that made me crazy about this movie is the casting! Finally!! A great cast that portrayed each character in the book perfectly! I was so shocked! I mean EVERYONE were exactly how I imagined them! Nick’s twin Go (Carrie Coon), detective Bony (Kim Dickens), Amy’s parents (David Clennon and Lisa Banes), Desi (Neil Patrick Harris), even the young policeman (Lee Norris) who keeps popping up now and then and OMG Ellen Abbott (Missi Pyle)! EVERY FREAKING ONE!!! Excuse my nerdy excitement hahaha!
Ben Affleck was brilliant! It was like the role was written for him! You choose anyone else and the movie will flop! For me Ben is a good actor, but I don’t run to the cinema to watch his movies, but he killed it in this movie! (No pun intended :p)
The one who truly shined and without her the movie won’t be a success was Rosamund and her portray of Amy! Oh, my god! Her voice just gave me goose bumps! Again, shocked!!

The whole movie is just chilling. Slow, but chilling, like being encased by blinding dark fog. It’s so good!

The version I watched in the cinema wasn’t censored! Just a tiny scene in the end, but that’s fine. Don’t take me wrong, yes the movie is full with curses and language that is not appropriate for kids, but this is not a kids’ movie. We need to see all of that to understand the relationship between Nick and Amy! So I was so happy it wasn’t censored! It would ruin the whole story!

So this movie is for people who love a good mystery and for sure for the book fans! Just beware that it is a bit long and slow, but the story is so freaking good! It’s worth it! Go watch it!

For more information and the trailer, click here.

Till the next one ;)

Kemz

No comments:

Post a Comment