Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Movie Review: The Equalizer

I saw the trailer of this movie ages ago and I really wanted to watch it and so, I did! I very much enjoyed it! I love Denzel Washington and his movies are always good.

The story of Robert McCall (Denzel) who works in a store and lives a routine quite life as he goes from work to home then to a dinner in the middle of the night when he can’t sleep. There he reads a book quietly and chat to a girl, Terry (Chloë Grace Moretz) who work as a prostitute for a Russian gang. When Terry gets hurt by the gang, Robert calls on his past forgotten skills to help her out.

From the beginning the movie has its own rhythm, one that moves with Roberts mind. We feel what he feels and see what he sees. The way he struggles between his past and present and the details of his thoughts are all reflected in the way the movie was shot. I was so hooked and mesmerized. 

The movie not what you’d expect as its not a typical fast action packed movie, no, it’s more of a Drama thriller. It focuses on the psychological aspect of Roberts personality rather than big action scenes.

Denzel was as amazing as always. I love how he acts! He was so composed in the movie and mysterious, but yet you can read his emotions that flash on his face. It was just what the character needed. And Chloë! I love her. She is so beautiful and so good in her performance. I have high hopes for her, so let’s see where she takes it from here.

So, this is what I think. I did liked and enjoy it, but be aware that the movie is a bit slow. It should be shorter, but for me, I appreciate the details and the development of the character in a movie, so I felt it was good that we got to know Robert more.
The only thing that was funny was when Robert is about to hit someone he calculate the movement and time like Sherlock in the Sherlock Holmes movies. I thought that was a repetition, but its still cool. 

For more information and the trailer, click here.

Let us know what you think in the comment below ;) and do follow us on social media (the icons on the right) for regular updates!

Till again!

Kemz

No comments:

Post a Comment