Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Movie Review: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Cowabunga, you know it? you love it? then you are in for a treat. The new film was controversial to the original fans. But I LOVED it. 
Directed by Jonathan Liebesman,  haven’t watched any of his previous films, William Fichtner
 played Eric Sacks, and I loved his portrayal of the bad guy. Megan Fox Played April O'Neil, Will Arnett played Vernon Fenwickl. Loved Arnet’s appearance in this film, he’s one of my top comedians. I think that choosing Megan Fox to play April was a major fail, she was so plain and April’s character is more lively. I loved the turtles characters each one has a different unique style. I particularly loved Michelangelo’s jokes.
The voice actors did a tremendous job with their roles. 

The story is as basic as it can get, the origin and how the turtles were created, and how the world got to know them. The movie was very interesting all through out the almost two hours. I didn’t feel like there was a boring moment, not a lot of filler scenes. Although others would argue that the elevator beatboxing scene was uncalled for, I enjoyed it and felt like that was a nice addition. 

With Michael Bay as a producer you would expect amazing CGI and action! The characters were a bit ugly, I wish they spent more time making them prettier, but the overall look and feel of the film was great. The action sequences were amazing. I’m not a fan of action but TMNT made a great job with that! specially the one in the snow! Oh man that was an amazing scene. 

Brian Tyler, who did the scoring to Iron Man, The Avengers, Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag, and Thor: The Dark World, composed the score for TMNT; and he did an amazing job with it. The tracks were epic, very hip and cool. I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t use the original TMNT theme song. it would’ve been amazing. 

Overall the movie was a fun, action packed watch. If you weren’t too picky about how close the movie is to the original cartoon you would enjoy it. 

For more info and the trailer, click here

By:

Abby 

No comments:

Post a Comment