Saturday, September 20, 2014

Movie Review: The Maze Runner

OMG!!! I was waiting to watch this movie!! It’s based on my favorite trilogy, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, which is awesome! And the movie is so so so GOOD!! It was everything I was hoping for!! You have to watch it! YOU HAVE TO!!!

The story is mind blowing and, for me, felt new and exciting. It’s the story of Thomas (Dylan O'Brien), who woke up one day in an elevator that opened up into a village full with teenage boys stuck in the middle of a huge HUGE maze! They all remember nothing but their name and want nothing, but to find the way out. They all try and solve the maze and things get complicated when Teresa (Kaya Scodelario), a girl, is found in the elevator with a note that says, “She’s the last one, EVER”.

I loved the trilogy so much! I couldn’t put it down and finished it in a week! The movie stayed true to the book, with only little details changed which is to be expected. All of our favorite characters are there and I was so so happy with the cast!! It was a spot on! The boys were great!    

In the movie I was so happy when any intense scene ended, I could hear everyone around me release breaths they were holding. It’s really that intense! It’s so exciting! No dull moment.

The setting, OMG!! I loved the maze! It was just as I imagined it! And the Grievers (the monsters who come out in the maze at night) sounded and looked just like I imagined! The sound of them clicking on the solid ground is haunting!! It’s brilliant!!

The sound track is freaking awesome! Not the most brilliant, but it went with the feel of the movie! It really intensified the whole experience!

I LOVED it! Go watch it! Support the Gladers so they’ll have to film the second part of the story!!   

For more info and the trailer, click here.

If you watched it, feel free to comment and tell us what you thought ;).

Till the next one!
Kemz
Check my book review on the Maze Runner in my Instagram account @KemzBooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment