Saturday, September 6, 2014

Movie Review: Life of Crime

As I was planning my weekend review, I discovered that Life of Crime is released in Cinemas in Qatar, but it’s an old movie from 2013. Nonetheless, I rented it in iTunes to tell you whether to watch in in Cinemas or not. Let me tell you, it’s not worth the movie cinema experience. Don’t waste your money and only watch it by renting it or when it’s on TV.

The movie is the story of two guys, Ordell and Louis (Mos Def and John Hawkes) who kidnapped Mickey Dawson (Jennifer Aniston) in the 70s. Things don’t go as planned and they have to deal with it.

I don’t know why they categorized this movie as “comedy”, because it wasn’t funny. It felt more of a drama movie to me. I only laughed a tiny bit in the ending. The movie however was appealing. I don’t know what it was, but I kept watching and it put me in a daze, in a good way. Maybe it was the 70s theme, the beautiful outfits and music.

Daniel Schechter, the director, did a good job with it. The plot however was meh and again not funny, so it could be better.

Again this is not a movie to go to the movies for. Even if you don’t see it ever, it won’t be a loss.

Well, this is all I can say about this movie. For more info and the trailer, click here.

I hope The Maze Runner is released next week!!

Till then!
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

Facebook: Kemz Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment