Thursday, May 29, 2014

Movie Review: Maleficent

So, for me, this was either going to be a totally lame movie or an amazing new classic! The first 10 minutes of the movie set the tone and guess what Disney fans, IT’S TOTALLY EXTRAORDINARY AMAZING!!!

From the beginning with the beautiful scenery and moving soundtrack, it just takes your breath away!! I don’t think I should mention the plot of the story; it’s the Sleeping Beauty fairytale with a twist! This story this time is told through the eyes of the fairy we all grew to fear, Maleficent (Angelina Jolie).

This twist gave a life to the somehow lame sleeping beauty story. I mean in the previous Disney animation Aurora (Elle Fanning in this movie) does nothing but grow up and get pricked by the spinning wheel and then she sleeps. This time we hear the heartbreaking story of Maleficent and how she became the evil fairy that she is and Angelina Jolie played her part beautifully!!

The thing we don’t know is that Maleficent was good, but she was turned evil because of betrayal. That scene when she switched from good to evil gave me the chills! I mean talk about raw emotions! It made me cry to be honest! Angelia did more than delivered, she was Maleficent and I applaud her! You can see her shift in her eyes, her tone and even the way she walks! Chilling I tell ya!

I’m so happy we saw this side of Maleficent, it explains a lot! I remember I knew her story from an episode of Once Upon a Time, but not like this! At all! This was different and totally awesome!


The production side of it didn't fail as well! The magical creatures, the forest and everything was mesmerizing! It's a fairy place indeed! No wonder this world came from two time Oscar winner Robert Stromberg. This is actually his first movie to direct, as he dealt with visual effects before only. No wonder, the movie is dazzling.

Fun fact if you haven’t known yet, the 5 years old Aurora is actually played by Angelina’s daughter Vivienne Jolie-Pitt. She was just so adorable!

I wanna say so much more, but I don’t want to ruin it for you! And to all those who are waiting for my verdict I say, RECOMMENDED!

Oh, one thing that I loved from the previous animation is the song, Once Upon A Dream. It’s just so special to me, and guess what?! An all new haunted version of the song by Lana Del Rey, hear it here.

This made me happy! For more info, click here.

Till again ;)
Kemz

Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment