Thursday, May 15, 2014

Movie Review: Godzilla

Ok, I don’t know what to start with, so let me get the story of the movie out of the way. Well to all who know Godzilla, we know the story, to those who don’t know, it’s the story of the huge dinosaur looking monster, which was awaken because of human use of nuclear energy.
Godzilla has a very long history and people across the globe know who he is, so when I went to see the movie I had high expectation. Sadly, I was highly disappointed. I’m not an expert on Godzilla. I only watched an old version from 1998, but still I was feeling bleh!

Even though the cinematography, the special effects and the production as a whole were really good. I mean there was scenes were it was just so beautiful (the photo here), but that wasn’t enough. I felt the whole production trying too hard to make me feel scared and it went a bit too melodramatic. Especially the acting! The movie was seriously harmed, for me, because of the cast! Don’t take me wrong, I loved Bryan Cranston performance and Ken Watanabe was brilliant. The others were just waaay waaay too lame! I actually wished some of the characters to just drop dead. It looked too fake! It was too much!

I was happy though that Godzilla was perfect and the scenes with him were just amazing. In the movie as well what was wrong was the fact that they focused too much on the people rather than the monsters. There are monsters fighting scenes, which was wicked, but was also ruined by the lamest soundtrack ever.

I was so bored, I have to extend my apology to the person sitting next to me, because I was complaining to my sister throughout the movie hehehe. I really don’t do that normally ><

So, if you’re a Godzilla fan I think you should see it, because it’s the newest version of it. If you’re not, I advice against it.

Till again!
Kemz ^-^
Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies 

2 comments:

  1. I don't agree with everything you said. Did u watch the old version? If u did then u willike appriciate this one. The effects was awesome also when godzilla screamed it shook me to the core. It was so real also about the over reacting imagine you saw godzilla what would you do? The emotions wasn't forced it was real that's why it was over the top. What I can agree with you on is Bryan Cranston gave a hell of a performance as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nedal for your input. I know that there's a lot of people who loved the movie. I guess you need to be a fan to understand it!

      Delete