Saturday, April 12, 2014

Movie Review: The Hobbit

So I watched the first movie months ago and today I watched second movie of the Hobbit, so here’s m review on both film:
  

Based on J.R.R. Tolkien novel, the Hobbit is the story of how Biblo Baggins (Martin Freeman) found the famous ring of the beloved story of The Lord of the Rings (I promise one day I will review LOTR, because to my surprise there are people who didn’t see the trilogy yet!)  So Biblo Baggins, a normal hobbit, joins a gang of Dwarfs who are hopping to slay a dragon and reclaim their mountain home.

For a huge Lord of the Ring fan (The movies not the book) I was excited to see this movie, but once it was out a lot of people said some negative things about it, like it was too long and not as they expected it to be. I should not listen to negative people! This movie was AMAZING!! Sure it’s not LOTR, but it’s not supposed to be that. It has it’s own spirit and own story. Us nerds sometimes need to relax and not nip tuck on each little detail hahaha.

To answer those comments, yes the movie is a bit long, but you can’t feel the time passing by! It’s one of those movies that makes you yell “I want MORE!” when credits starts to roll.  It is so much more exciting that I expecting with so many FUNNY scenes! LOTR was a bit on the morbid series side (which I LOVED), while The Hobbit is up beat and thrilling.

I’m happy that the book is split to three movies, it’s a geeky wish to be honest, because I really missed that world after LOTR ended, so I want it to last as much as possible and to know more about the people who lived in it. I even missed Gandalf (Ian McKellen) and the Elves of course! I want to go live with them!

The set is as beautiful as always! I mean the Shire, The Mountain and dear God, Rivendell!! I love that Elves city! It’s like a tiny heaven!! To my fellow LOTR nerds, you know what I’m talking about!

This movie is so much fun, the Dwarfs were amazing. I loved how the focus is on them this time around. I mean mankind can be a bit boring after the billionth million about them haha!

This movie is for sure is a CLASSIC!!!


This part is so much BETTER!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
It’s so exciting and thrilling!! The story just gets better and better!!! You should’ve seen me reader, squealing and yelling at the screen as I watched! It’s just beyond amazing!!!
Just beware, I just finished seeing it, so I’m super excited and a crazy review is coming up!

So, the story of Biblo Baggins and the Dwarfs continues and this time they reach the Lonely Mountain and face the dragon while Gandalf the Grey (Ian McKellen) is investigating the rising of Sauron. In their journey as well they visit the Woodland elves!!! The land of Legolas (Orlando Bloom)!!!

The movie is full with action and excitement. Now that the Woodland Elves joined the elves the battle scenes are even better. The gracefulness and elegant of the elves is mixed with the sharpness of martial arts. It’s so freaking mind blowing!!!

Tolkien brilliance is reflected in the movie as we are focused on the main plot, which is the Dwarfs and their quest while giving us the highlight of the subplot, the one that set the beginning of the Lord of the Ring adventure. 

The story is so rich with everything! Action, emotion, love, fear, excitement, pride, greed, evil! The whole journey is thrilling. I haven’t read the book, reader, but I enjoyed every scene of this movie. I do think it’s better than the first, maybe because we are now in the middle of the story. I can’t wait till part 3 is released December 2014!

I love how the movie kept its funny element. I mean the scene with the Dragon is just hilarious. Martin Freeman was brilliant.

The director of this trilogy is none other than, Peter Jackson, director of the Lord of the Ring. I’m so happy to see that he kept the same spirit of the movie while in the same time gave The Hobbit a soul of its own.

If you haven’t seen these movies yet, GO WATCH THEM!! You can’t miss watching the last installment of the trilogy at the cinema, like I missed the first two! I hate the fact that I was too busy when this part was release, but I still enjoyed it!

Don’t miss also Ed Sheeran’s song for the movie, I See Fire.

Till again ;),
Kemz

Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment