Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Movie Review: The Host

For me, it always important to keep some extra DVDs that I haven’t seen around so just in case I was extra bored or sick I can watch something fun. So being sick and bored was the case with this movie. 
The Host is bases on the novel written by the Twilight writer, Stephenie Meyer and that made me skeptical, because I never liked the Twilight saga. (Why I hate Twilight is for another review :p)

So the story is set in the future when a race of parasite kind of aliens takes over Earth and only a group of humans survived the attack. As she was running away from the possessed humans, Melanie Stryder (Saoirse Ronan) is captured and her body became the host of one of the aliens. As the alien, The Wanderer, get used to the human body, Melanie resist and they both end up running away from the alien seekers.

At the beginning I thought that the movie was going to be lame. It took me a while to get used to Melanie talking in the Wanderer’s head. Also the script was a bit weak and clichéd, but the movie is not after an Oscar so it’s fine.  

The more I watched it, the better it was, especially when the Wanderer found Melanie’s family hiding with a group of humans in a huge series of caves. The caves were a beautiful setting; the earth colors in the cloths and equipment they used gave the movie its own theme.

There’s not much else to talk about this movie. It’s one of those you watch once; you enjoy it and move on. It’s for the Young Adult genre fans, like me. Even though I loved other movies like, The Covenant better, but that’s ‘cause I have a deep love for Magic!  I loved also I Am Number Four.

For more info and the trailer, click here


Well, that’s all I have to say! Till my next review!
Kemz

Twitter & Instagram: @KemzMovies

No comments:

Post a Comment