Monday, December 15, 2014

Movie Review: Horns

Ok, I heard about this movie and I was a bit intrigued. I heard okish things and bad things, but I was still intrigued. Hmm I shouldn’t be that much interested in watching it. To be brief, Horns is not a movie for everyone. It’s not even for me. I feel like I need my 6$ back from iTunes.

The film is about this guy, Ig Perrish (Daniel Radcliffe) who is accused for the murder of his girlfriend Merrin (Juno Temple) as he drink himself to sleep every night, he wakes up one day with a pair of horns who gave him powers. His powers was whenever he was around anyone, they somehow confess their darkest thoughts and secret to Ig.

The movie is supposed to be this weird dark fantasy that discussed good and evil and it’s based on a book by the same name and written by Joe Hill. The book is given four stars so maybe the book is better. The movie was just weird.
  
I didn’t understand so many elements in the movie, like the over the top sexual scenes. The story didn’t need that. And also the humorous twist, what’s that about? I think that is more of a focus in the book, perhaps, but in the movie it was a bit odd. The only good thing about the movie is the colors and one or two scenes. And that’s coming from ME! The fantasy fanatic!  

Other than the weird story, I wanted to watch Radcliffe acting without the shadow of Harry Potter on him. So hmmm, he was so much better than I expected. Read his lines better and had better emotions in his eyes. But the weirdness of the movie confused me, so I should watch another more normal movie of him.

So in the end all I can say: don’t waste your time with this movie. It will not add to your existing on this planet. Watch something better.

For more information (if you are intrigued) and the trailer, please click here. If you watched the movie, please share your thoughts on the comment and let’s discuss ;).

Till another one and here’s hoping it’s better!

Kemz

1 comment:

  1. Im really waiting for this one since i read the first announcement!

    ReplyDelete