Monday, August 4, 2014

Movie Review: Transformers Age of Extinction

Okay 1st let me say this and get it out of the way, I’m a very huge fan of transformers I watched the cartoon when I was a kid. I watched all the 4 movies like a million times. Optimus Prime is my childhood hero I get goose pumps every time he is on screen. I even own the action figure. Now with that out of the way I can start my review or Transformers: Age of Extinction.

The movie takes place 5 years after the events of Chicago (Transformers: dark of the moon).  I really liked that they brought all new cast. It gave the movie a fresh start without ruining the story so it’s kind of a reboot in the same time it’s not since it follows the story of its predecessor’s. The Autobots are now a target of nationwide manhunt but they don’t just get killed and dumped, no, their parts are taken into a factory for Transformium so a company can manufacture them. The humans are trying to make their own transformers (introducing Galvatron and stinger). But the humans are not hunting alone. Lockdown a bounty hunter transformer hunting down Optimus prime to bring him back to his creators is helping the humans hunting the Autobots till he finds Optimus.

I am not going to say any more, even though I wish but I don’t want to spoil the movie for you. I much rather let you see for yourself. Plus I can go on and on about the movie and I don’t want this to be a rant, but I will say this, I really liked how the movie is about the new human characters in it. Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) who was the lead in all the predecessors doesn’t even get mentioned in the movie even Optimus Prime who vowed to defend the boy knows better than to bring him up. I think that’s because of what LaBeouf was doing lately getting into fights with homeless men and wearing a brown paper bag on his head. If I were in Michael Bay’s shoes I would have done the same.  

Since Michael Bay is the Director of this movie. You can expect to see tons of explosion, tons of cars being thrown around and girls in shorts. But I really don’t mind since this formula works. The movie is nearly a billion on the box office and it’s the 1st movie ever to cross the 300 million mark in China.
I watched it twice already since it got released and I downloaded the movie score. But I am a transformer’s manic so I don’t expect others to do the same.

Go watch it and enjoy every second of it and I am sure you will love it. Before I leave you here a quote from Optimus to show you how wise this guy is
“The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they are still alive”

Take care and see you soon.

For more info and the trailer, please click here.

By:
Nedal Atawneh
Twitter & Instagram: @nedal_3750

Facebook: facebook.com/Nedal.3750

No comments:

Post a Comment