Saturday, August 2, 2014

Movie Review: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

So, we’re back! I miss writing about movies!
Today I went and saw the newest movie from the Planet of the Apes series in the new movie theater Novo at the Pearl (I’m in Qatar, if you’re wondering). The theater is really nice! I liked it, though it was a bit cold.  The movie as well was really good! I enjoyed it.

The story continues with the Ape Caesar from the previous movie, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, who managed to create a home for him and his fellow apes. As they are peacefully living, humans pass by them. After a plague had spread, humans were almost instinct, but the surviving groups lived in colonies. And one was right next to Caesar’s home. The two species clash and a war is started.

Even though the movie was a bit too long and made me feel tiny bit bored in the end, it is worth the watch! I loved how it didn’t focus on action scenes, but looked deep into the human/ape relations. How no matter how many try and keep the peace, one or two idiots full with hate, ignorance and fear come and destroy everything the peacemakers built in one stupid, stupid mood. I really admired that storyline as it reflects the reality of life and war.

The movie setting was beautiful. I loved the Apes’ home and the humans’ colony. I always enjoy the beauty of the scenery and the colors of everyone’s cloths and the background behind them. When you watch, pay attention to the gadgets here and there that shows how the humans are surviving. I love those details.

I’m not a huge fan of the series, I only saw the Rise movie and this one, but for a non-fan, I enjoyed it immensely.

For more info and the trailer, click here.


Till again!
Kemz

Twitter & Instagram: @Kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment