Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Movie Review: Bridget Jone’s Diary


I’m probably the last person on this planet who have seen this film! I know I’m 12 years late, but I finally got to see it!

It’s the story of Bridget Jones (Renée Zellweger) who is 32 and single! Sick of her pitiful life she tries to change things and started with writing a diary. That year her playboy boss, Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant) notices her finally and a new relationship starts. Bridget love life get complicated when Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) come in the picture with his arrogant attitude. That creates one of the most beloved classic Romantic Comedy and timeless love triangle.

From the beginning I knew that this story is clearly a somehow modern take on Pride and Prejudice. I had to check online, but I was right! The moment you see the first scenes you can tell and of course, Mark Darcy’s name is a big hint hahahaha.

It was so romancy and super funny! Although Renée’s British accent threw me back at first, but when I got used to it, I wasn’t bothered that much.

I think the reason of this film’s popularity comes from how Bridget Jones’ daily struggle with her weight, career and love life is something that everyone can relate too. Especially the un kept new year’s resolution of losing weight and try and change your life.  A cliché, but let’s face it, that’s reality.

Many tell me that the book, which was based on, is even funnier, so mental note to read it!

I should’ve watched another film. This is such an easy film to review. I laughed, I sighed and awwwwed, so what more shall I look for in Romantic Comedy.
A fun classic romance!

Now I need to watch the sequel ><”

Till I see something else
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment