Thursday, June 27, 2013

Movie Review: Monster University

I’ve been waiting for this film since they announced it two years ago! Monsters Inc. is still one of my favorite Pixar films! (Well, who am I kiddin? I love them all) and to have another Monster movie was too exciting!!!
The Pixar magic started with the cutest short film about a blue umbrella! It’s so cute and the animation is amaaazing! So pretty and cute!! The kids as always won’t enjoy it, but for me it was just the perfect short film to start Monsters University.
So! The story of how Mike (Billy Crystal) and Sully (John Goodman) met at university. I will not comment on the great job the animators do to make the whole university experience come to life because it’s Disney and Pixar, it should be a given thing!
The thing that excited me and I loved was the “Scare Games” so fun!!! I really enjoyed it and it was funny too. Seeing all the games we normally play in the human world transformed to the monster world is so creative!
My only negative comment would be the fact that the story is so predictable (I know most films are), but this was a usual university film. The subject of fitting in and showing everyone how amazing you are, you know, the underdog life. That bothered me, because I wanted something more original (They better do that with Finding Dory!)  
But, it’s still fun, inspiring and really funny! Just to go back to that world is an exciting experience. So there is flaws to it, but don’t let that ruin the experience. Go see it!!
And btw, book your ticket way early!! The cinemas are backed!!

Till the next one,
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment