Friday, June 14, 2013

TV Movies

So it’s Friday night and my brain is dead, so I spent my day frozen in front of the TV. It’s amazing how many movies you can find to watch. So, today my blog is about the movies I watched on TV.  I watched two today, so far  (and a million friends’ episodes) and they are:

The Five Years Engagement:

The romantic comedy about the long engagement of Violet (Emily Blunt) and Tom (Jason Segel) and the challenges and obstacles they faced.
Hmmm, I have mixed feelings toward this film. It was cute and fun, but way too long, it got boring sometimes and I kept thinking, oh, God! Get it over with. 
It was a bit of a bore film and I was playing games on my ipad through the whole thing. 
It had good elements, but really didn't carry itself till the end. 
Complete no no TV movie.

The Makeover:

This film is a total TV movie and the title doesn’t reflect the story so much. I thought it would be a teen film, but actually it was fun discovering it was a modern cute take on  ‘My Fair Lady’ with a twist. This time the language expert was Hannah (Julia Stiles), the politician who just lost the elections to become a member of the Congress. As she mourned her lose, Hannah met Elliot (David Walton), the beer vender and she managed to convince him to run for Congress.
It’s a fun, short and entertaining story and has a makeover too! David Walton is so cute and his progress from being the vender to the politician is smooth and really good. My Fair Lady is one of my all time favorites (hence it’s on my blog design) and I liked how this take on it is simple and smart. It was really enjoyable and moving.
So this is a yay TV film!

Yup, I had a boring day, but I always love been surprised by good films, even though it sometimes means wasting my time watching through bad ones too!

Hope you all have a FUN weekend!

Till the next review!
Kemz! 
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment