Friday, November 21, 2014

Movie Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

I was afraid that I’d be over this story by now, but my heart raced from the very first second!! AHHH! I am a huge fan of the books and love, LOVE the movies and this one is sooo good!! All the details from the book are there! That’s the best reason to split the final book into two parts :p.

The story of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) continues after she escaped the second Hunger Games and found herself in the middle of the revolution led by President Coin (Julianne Moore) of District 13, the district everyone thought was destroyed 75 years ago. Struggling to stay sane and hoping to find Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) again Katniss becomes the revolution symbol and their Mockingjay. And it’s not that simple; President Snow (Donald Sutherland) is ruthless and with every attack they hit him with, he prepare his counter attack. 

What I love about this story is how Suzanne Collins showed the psychological effects of going through the Hunger Games. How it changed and damaged them. And all the actors, ALL of them did an amazing job to show it!! Jennifer, Josh and OMG, Sam Claflin who is an amazing choice to play the role of Finnick Odair showed their suffering in their voices, their eyes and their movements. In the book other than Peeta, Finnick was my favorite character, so I’m super happy with Sam!
The rest of the cast are just as brilliant if not even more! Julianne more gave me goosepumps and it was great, yet sad to see Philip Seymour Hoffman who is no longer with us. And I was so giddy to see Haymitch (Woody Harrelson) and Effie (Elizabeth Banks) again <3!! And ooh and choosing Natalie Dormer to play the hard core director, Cressida is brilliant!!
  
To talk about the visual effects and the setting; they truly brought it to life in the movie! I mean the underground district 13 showed us what the book told us it would look like. The details of how everyone wears the same cloths, the minimum use of materials mix with the high tech weaponry. Oh and lets not forget the Posters they did for the movie! Best posters ever! 

To those who haven’t read the book, the movie was a bit too slow for them, because there was no more Hunger Games, but the story is now beyond the games and focus on something much greater. I cried so much! Especially in the end *weep*.

For me there will be nothing like The Hunger Games, just like there will never be another Harry Potter. Suzanne had created a deep and emotional story that will live in my heart forever. And I can’t wait for Part 2 to be released next year!


To read my reviews on the previous movies, click on the movie title: The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

For more information and the trailer of Mockingjay, please click here. And when you watch it, which you better do, don’t forget to mention us and may the odds be ever in your favors ;).

Till again!
Kemz

No comments:

Post a Comment