Sunday, December 22, 2013

Movie Review: Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day

This is one of my favorite Romantic Comedies of all time. It’s set in the 1930s London and it’s about one day. One day in the life of governess Miss Pettigrew (Frances McDormand). After being sacked for the third time, Miss Pettigrew out of desperation falsely take on the job of a social secretory for singer and actress, Delysia LaFosse (Amy Adams). Delysia’s crazy and complicated life takes Miss Pettigrew and us through an exciting journey.

I love this film because it talks about many topics we face everyday, like how to be true and more authentic to who you are and also how the choices we make on daily bases can affect our entire life. In this film Delysia had to choose between Fame, Money or Love. That is such a hard thing and how one day, one crazy day changed her and Miss Pettigrew’s life forever. It also shows us how unexpected friendships can be found in the most unexpected places. No one tolerated Miss Pettigrew before but she became Delysia’s confidant and close friend. It is amazing how beautiful these friendships can be.

The best thing is these topics are dealt with in awesome way! The sound track on its own makes you joyful and dancy. The film has one of my favorite songs ever! If I didn’t care. Breath taken.

The film is super hilarious and fun!  Delysia’s life is truly crazy and it’s is exciting to see how plain old Miss Pettigrew deal with it.  My favorite part is when Delysia took her for a makeover! We all love a good makeover. And the fashion! So pretty. I love the elegance and the simplicity of the 30s fashion. The colors are divine too!

If I want to talk about performances as well, I can honestly tell you that Amy is as brilliant as ever! I don’t think anyone else could portray Delysia’s character in a better way. Delysia is difficult because she’s a pretender. She tries her best to act that she doesn’t care and do what she has to do to get to her dreams. Amy Adam’s rocked that! Her face changes completely according to Delysia’s pretense. Like I said, Brilliant. Miss Pettigrew on the other hand is new to the pretending game so you see her face expose her sometime and Frances as always preformed wonderfully. The person who stole my heart was Lee Pace and his role as Michael. To understand why, go watch the film!

The film is based on a novel by Winifred Watson and I’ve seen it like seven times already and I can tell you, it still make me laugh and smile!

I’ve been away for some time because I’m re-planning my blog, but thought to review this film today. I’ll continue blogging whenever I can, but wait for a new announcement soon ;) follow me in twitter @Kemzmovies for updates!

Till the next one!

Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment