Sunday, October 13, 2013

Movie Review: Escape Plan


I saw this film in the IMDB coming soon list and I decided to watch it. It seemed interesting. For some reason I didn’t read the cast list, which was fortunate! Because if I knew the lead characters were Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger I would not want to watch it! I’d think it’s just some lame action film, but it’s not!!
I RECOMMEND this film!!! So much! Especially that we are now in the boring fall season. Even if we weren’t I’d still say ‘go watch it!’.

It’s the story of Breslin (Stallone), who break out of jails for security testing. The film starts with one escape attempt that hooks you right into the perfect mood!  Then the story escalates when he is hired to break from an unbreakable secret jail that he will find himself stuck in.

The film is so smart and thrilling!! You can’t feel the time moving because you want to know what happens next. The director Mikael Håfström, who I don’t know very much, played perfectly with the sounds and the setting to put us right in the middle of the action! I had panicking, claustrphopic moments when the prisoners were in the solitary cell!

What I loved about this film that it didn’t look too commercial or cheaply made. It was very professional and has its own soul. It was so much better than what I’d expect. Even Stallone and Arnold acted really well!! I’m so proud and happy!

The idea of the movie is smart, thrilling and has a new twist!! As I said, I recommend this! Also it has an unexpected ending! I duno if I was too tired today, but I didn’t expect what happened in the end. The plot fooled me and that is not easy to be done with me! I probably was too tired hahahaha.

Next film on my list: Gravity and Ender’s Game along with few others!

Till the next one!
Kemz 
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment