Sunday, September 29, 2013

Movie Review: Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters


This Saturday I was in the mood for a fun light film. After the intensity of Prisoners, I needed that hahaha. So, we went to watch the new Percy Jackson film. For those who didn’t see the first film ‘Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief’, it’s the story of a modern demi-God, the son of Poseidon to be accurate, who lives in a special camp for demi-Gods. There they find shelter from all the monsters and other mythical creatures, but of course adventure always finds them and a new quest is always waiting around the corner. The whole story is driven from the Greek methodology and it’s based on a 5-books series by Rick Riordan (same title).

It’s a really fun story. The Greek methodology and the whole Olympus Gods legends always interested me. I don’t believe in them for sure, but I’m really intrigued to know how that story was developed. It is very curious. But about the film, it was enjoyable and just the perfect film for something light and fun. It was also quite funny.
I just love how they took all those creatures and just reinvent them. Big cheers for the author who created this world. The special features also puts you in the right setting to make you feel you're deep in the story.
My only problem with the film was the focus of the camera. The whole screen wasn’t clear. The director kept focusing on specific things and the rest is a bit plury, but after sometimes u get used to it, so it’s not a big issue. It was just annoying for a bit.
I tried to find out if they’re going to do a third film, because the ending indicated the continuing of the story. So apparently there are talks to start filming The Titan’s Curse, but I guess the production house is just waiting for final revenue numbers to decide.
It was really fun and I’m happy I chose to watch it this weekend. If you’re a YA fantasy fan or just looking for a fun adventure, this is a really cool film to watch.
I bought ‘The Great Gatsby’ and ‘Star Trek into the Darkness’ DVDs, so let’s see what I’ll review next!
Kemz
Twitter & Instagram: @kemzmovies

No comments:

Post a Comment